The editing of The Light in Bailey’s Harbor is nearly finished and I’ve seen the first draft of the cover! Seeing the cover made me realize this is really happening!
Since I’m still in the final stages of editing, I thought it may be fun to give everyone a chance to be personally involved in the writing of my novel!
In my story, the lighthouse keeper, Blake, has a dog. Blake’s dog is a girl and is described as a large black Labrador with a friendly personality and a love for getting into mischief, especially with the chickens on the make-shift farm on the island.
I’ve never quite liked the name for the dog, so I thought it would be fun to let you help me name her. Remember this is the year 1880, so if you give the suggestion of something too modern, I wouldn’t be able to use it.
So, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to my Bethany Baker, Author Facebook page (click here) and make sure you’ve clicked the “Like” button. If it says “Liked,” you’ve already done it.
- Next, hit Comment and leave your suggestion for Blake’s fun-loving, black lab.
- I’ll accept one suggestion per Facebook user, unless you are one of my blog followers. If you are a follower, you can post as many suggestions as you want. Ask your kids, even! Carson always has great name ideas. To follow my blog, just click the “follow” button on this page. It will shoot you an email link that you will have to confirm.
- The contest will end tomorrow at midnight, Sunday, October 4th.
- If your name suggestion is chosen, it will become the name of Blake’s dog in my novel.
- I will also include your name in my acknowledgements page in my novel!
So, start brainstorming!! I can’t wait to read the suggestions!